Contact, opening hours and directions
- The petting zoo closes from 1 May till 30 September at 17.00 hours.
- During school holidays in the North region of the Netherlands, the Visitors´ Centre and the petting zoo are open on Mondays 10.00 - 16.30 hours.
- The Visitors´ Centre and the petting zoo are open on public holidays, with the exception of King´s Day (27 April), 1st and 2nd Christmas days, New Year´s Eve and New Year’s Day.
On Boxing Day, De Helderse Vallei is open half a day, from noon until 4 p.m.
- Free entry.
- For the opening hours of De KlimVallei, click here.
Have a question?
- Call +31 (0) 223 61 25 55
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com or complete the form below.
- Questions about educational programmes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
De Helderse Vallei 9-11
1783 DA Den Helder
+31 (0) 223 61 25 55
RSIN/tax registration no. NL8204.44.662.B01
Chamber of Commerce no. 37148552
Visiting address: De Helderse Vallei 9-11 (near Donkere Duinen), Den Helder
De Helderse Vallei can be found at the Donkere Duinen car park in Den Helder.
Please note: when using a navigation system, enter Jan Verfailleweg no. 620, and you will be directed to our car park.
Train and bus
From Den Helder CS station, take bus 31 toward Zuid Westzijde station. From the Zandkreekweg/Duinroosstraat stop on the Jan Verfailleweg, do not walk in the same direction as the bus rides (it turns left). Follow the Jan Verfailleweg toward the beach and the Donkere Duinen woodlands. You can cross at the next traffic lights, where you will see the entrance to De Helderse Vallei on the other side of the Donkere Duinen car park.
From 2 June to 2 September, the ‘kustbus' (coastal bus) rides along De Helderse Vallei. You can check the timetable at www.kustbus.nl
Navigation system: use visiting address Den Helder, Jan Verfailleweg 620. From direction Alkmaar/Den Oever, take the national motorway (N250/N9) and get off at the 'Julianadorp Zuid / (Strand)' exit. Continue to follow the road bearing right and turn left on Callantsogervaart (follow the signs to Strand). At the end, near the dunes, turn right onto Zanddijk. Follow the road along the dunes and the Mariendal nature reserve on your right-hand side and drive into the Donkere Duinen woodland area until just before the traffic lights. De Helderse Vallei will be on your right-hand side, near the large car park.
Charging stations for electric bicycles and vehicles can be found at the car park and grounds of De Helderse Vallei.